I support education for girls with my art because I had choices, I was lucky, I had a college education, I got to chose.
I can not for one minute imagine NOT HAVING A CHOICE!!!! But there are so many girls (and boys too) but mostly girls that due to tradition or religion don’t get to chose.
My preferred charities that work specifically on Education for Girls are:
Because I am a Girl
A donation to Because I am a Girl gives you the multiplier effect because girls use their resources to support not only themselves, but their families and communities.
- Educate a girl, and she will share her knowledge with everyone she knows
- Feed a girl, and she will feed and nurture everyone around her.
- Empower a girl – she’ll change the world!
- You can help change the world for – and through – girls everywhere.
Education For Girls
- Two-thirds of the world’s 880 million illiterate adults are women.
- Girls are more than 70 percent of the 125 million children who don’t have a school to attend.
- Significantly more girls than boys enrolled in the first grade fail to complete the first cycle of primary school.
Social traditions and deep-rooted religious and cultural beliefs are most often the barriers to expanding girls’ educational opportunities in undeveloped countries around the world.
Here’s how it works:
When you purchase a piece from this site I will make a $100 donation to one of the education for girls charities for each piece sold. Then I will send you the link (if available) or a copy of the receipt as requested.
Please contact me if you have any questions. Galleries that are interested in carrying this work, the donation amounts to less than a 20% discount which I am happy to split. Your inquires are welcome
Read the Shop Policy